Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fun New Creations

I wanted to introduce two new cake creations: Drinks on the Beach, and the Fitness Cake.

The drinking cake was made as a gift for a couples wedding shower. I have never attended a couples shower before. It was a lot of fun. This fun couple is getting married on a beach in the U.S. Virgin Islands so I wanted to give them something they could use while on vacation.

The whole cake sits on a fun tray. The main part of the cake is a huge 2-person beach towel. Wrapped inside the towel is a drink mixer which is filled with fun drink stirrers and those fun plastic 'ice' cubes. I tied two drink glasses to the front with a big purple bow. The top is adorned with festive paper umbrellas. Pretty fun if I do say so myself.

Next is the Fitness Cake.

My mom wanted a fun way to give my dad some exercise equipment for Father's Day. You won't believe all the fun stuff that went into this cake: A fluffy towel, workout shorts, 2 shirts, 6 pair socks, a workout bag, a water bottle, an itunes gift card and hand weights. Like all the gifts we make, this is both fun and practical.

If you are interested in cakes like these or have an idea for something completely different, contact me. Leave a message on this blog, email me at craftsbysara@gmail.com or call at (208) 921-5509.

No comments:

Post a Comment